Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tidbits

I wasn't able to get my crummy prints redone for critique tomorrow, so I will just have to go with what I currently have.

I had a very random idea the other day. Instead of doing the elaborate fairy tale based idea, I could make these still life versions of famous paintings, with sort of "ghetto" carboard backdrops, like how we used to make dioramas when we were kids. Maybe use ridiculous objects, like fruits, cloth, thimbles and boxes, instead of people, as well as hand drawn elements. Is this a better idea, do you think? I am not sure if it would take more or less work to do, which I suppose is not altogether a significant factor, but one to think about. I really just want to make work that is good, whatever that takes.

Also, I am thinking of submitting my final from last semester into the student show at the CAM. I can only hope its good enough to be accepted. The pictures need remounting, but this is a minor detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment