Friday, February 26, 2010

Hey guys, me again. Today I visited some museums in Tampa. I spent a lot of time talking over the works there with people, it was a pretty great experience. I wish I had more ability to go there regularly, instead I just end up seeing all the shows on campus.

I found this picture on flickr. Well, I found a link to it anyway. It is pretty breathtaking. Be sure to browse the rest of his photostream.

Some interesting photoblogs: Images No Words, and Troisiemeoeil

Not photo related, but I highly recommend everyone check out the art blog of artist James Gurney (creator of Dinotopia). His entries are always really informative, educational, and intriguing.

Here is a how-to on getting high speed video from a cheap digital camera.

Here is a gallery of photos showing the light trails left by moths using long shutter speeds. Some are quite lovely.


Peter Funch has an amazing series, brought to my attention by a photo-loving friend, called Babel Tales. Seriously, check this out. The photo-editing is fantastic. From what I recall, he takes a multitude of pictures at a certain location, than chooses people from them doing certain things, maybe holding certain objects, and composites these particular images into one.


Mymecos Blog is an interesting look at photography, focusing on extreme macro-shots of insects. There are some interesting posts about technical details too, like lighting such small subjects. Great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment