Monday, September 3, 2012

Tick Tock

I am trying to find volunteers to sit for me; people with disorders, disabilities, or other such conditions that are not readily apparent. I have been having okay luck with it. It's not been a desert, but it is less than I would like. 

How many people do I even need? I haven't even decided myself. I had one friend volunteer, but he won't be available until much later, and by then I will need to switch gears again. The idea is terrifying in itself. I am not sure I will have enough time. I usually don't feel so panicked until much later in the semester. I hope my own disorders don't start acting up.

I have also been working on a project revolving around "persona", one I had been contemplating for the past months - I had just not made the final connections until now. The persona is that of a peppy, friendly, entirely over-enthusiastic photographer of souvenirs. That is, the persona I have subconsciously crafted to do my summer job at the stadium. An entirely different kind of photographer than I am in the "real world". So what would happen if the two actually met? What if I tried to get people to take souvenir photos at say... Walmart? The gas station?

I could give them cards, very much like the ones I have at my job - complete with legalese - giving them a website where they could pick up their photos. I would of course make said website. I could make silly borders for the photos - like these were places people actually visited as tourists. Big bold letters saying "McDonalds! 9-06-2006". I would try to convince the people to do silly things, perhaps. See what I could get away with. And when people asked to take photos of me (as the always do) I would say of course, by all means, send them to the email on the website.

Yes, yes, I think I am liking this idea much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment