Thursday, June 16, 2011

Copper Prints

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42363504@N08/sets/72157627848111729/

Click through to view the gallery. Contains classy ass male nudity.

So apparently I can scan these things. Who would have known? I did end up putting a tiny scrape on my scanner glass, which makes me a little unhappy, but life goes on, right? The scans, of course, are NOTHING compared to the real deal, which are reflective shiny multi-layered goodness. Some people have used the term "holographic" in an effort to try and pin the effect down, but I am not so sure how to describe it myself. It just makes me happy

These are prints of one Gordie Parham, a very pleasant model to work with. They were created using Black Magic Liquid Emulsion, painted onto copper plates and exposed in a darkroom using digitally created negatives. The various forms of degradation and distortion, I think, really contribute to the work.

The original black and white images that I used to make these, as well as the rest of the pictures from that set, can be viewed here.

1 comment:

  1. You've done a good job of promoting these dear. GOOD INDEED!

    ReplyDelete