Sunday, January 29, 2012

Glimpse and Gimps

I realize I have spent some time talking about one of my current projects, at length even, but have not been addressing other things I have been working on. Perhaps I relish in my occasional mystery and grand reveal, but I can say this: other than learning ink techniques and scribbling furiously in sketchbooks, I have been gathering materials for a new endeavor. Costumery and raw material.

I have taken a liking to printing photographs on metal, so with that in mind, here are some teasing glimpses.



Perhaps a familiar face to some.



But perhaps less so now. The model referred to it one night as an "effigy of agony" and the name sort of stuck. Disregard the fez, my sketches are not so sacred that they are spared a few spontaneous strokes. Or maybe I am just saying that to mislead you. Perhaps it is more amusing to speculate.



Oh wait this is not a teasing reveal of things to come involving plague doctor masks and bondage gear! This is a large burly man with no clothes on! How did this get in here!? I simply will have to have a word with my production and promotional staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment