Sunday, February 5, 2012

School Supplies for Afghan Children: The Importance of the Image

I have been working with a charity through the USF Honors College, School Supplies for Afghan Children, that strives to supply basic items like pencils and paper so that children can receive an education and hopefully rise out of strife and poverty. I blog there on Thurs, you are welcome to check out my work and follow it.

I make mention of this because this week I wrote about photography, the changing role of the media, the representation of war, perception, and other similar topics. I have discussed such things before, and while I had not perhaps realized it I'm beginning to become rather well informed of the topic. But then again, I dare not believe that for a second, because there is always more to learn, and it is only the fool who ever even thinks he has begun to grasp the whole of anything.

Anyway, I tangent. Check out the post here: The Importance of the Image.

No comments:

Post a Comment