Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My non-artist friend's facebook reads like this:

**** just looked up the photographer Terry Richardson. It is a offense to art and taste that this man is famous.

This is Terry Richardson's website.

So my friend's opinion of this photographer is obviously very poor. Is it good art? I am not sure. It certainly says something. It also says something that my friend, not being an artist, knows who he is and is aware of his work. Is that, then, successful for this person as an artist? I could run circles all day talking about what makes art "successful" and not really get anywhere. But it is an interesting case in point.

Also, on a side note, I was sick today, and missed class. Ugh. Had to have a friend fetch my photos that weren't accepted in the student show, otherwise they would have been thrown out.

No comments:

Post a Comment