Monday, February 8, 2010

Indecisive Moment Concepts

I've have been amazingly sick this weekend, and have barely gotten anything done. There's no guarantees I'll be feeling any better by class Tues, either, but I will try my best to have everything together.

I have been thinking about my current assignment though, and am pretty sure I know what I want to do. I did a lot of research into ancient mythologies and religions and tried to find moments where man was separated from god and or the animals - and also, in a sense, the rise of conscious self. After looking things over, I decided I would choose the fall of man and expulsion from Eden, Prometheus stealing fire from the gods, and the Hindu concept of Maya - or the illusion that keeps us from knowing Brahman.

I am not going to do a straight up "historical" shot though, I am going to modernize these concepts and situate them in our modern world, in a way that references our current culture as much as the mythology. It may even be a bit satirical, after a fashion.

I'll be starting work on these this week, granted I feel better. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment